Kindergarten - 8th Grade: During the summer we have a youth running club. The focus of this club is to build a love of exercise in our youth by participation in running games and activities that reach all levels. We hold the club on Tuesdays (throughout June and July - excluding July 2nd) from 8:30a-9:45a at Washington Elementary. Here is a flyer with info, and here is the registration paper (please bring this paper filled out - just print and fill out by hand - and a receipt as proof of payment on the first day of club).
6th - 8th Grade: During the school year, we hold a developmental camp (the Youngsters) for 6th-8th graders. Usually, this takes place on Mondays and Thursdays after school from 3:00p-4:15p. We are looking for parents who may be interested in helping with this program. You don't necessarily need any previous coaching or running experience, just a desire to help develop these great kids - training will be provided (if interesting in helping coach, email Coach Holt at email@example.com). More info will be posted later for students who would like to participate.
9th - 12th Grade: So this is the crew that we call our high school team (even though 9th grade still goes to the MS). Here is a flyer with pretty much all of the following info.
X-COUNTRY PARENT/ATHLETE MEETING ON MONDAY, MAY 13TH, IN THE PINE VIEW HS COMMONS (lunch room) FROM 5:00p-5:45p - for all athletes interested in participating in XC during the 2019-'20 school year and their parents.
Who: All Pine View HS, MS and Fossil Ridge students are welcome to participate during the summer (once the school year starts, 6th-8th graders will work out with our Youngsters club).
When: starting June 3rd (held every weekday through the summer) at 7:00a. Be there every day that you are in town.
Where: Washington Elementary (Monday-Thursday) and other announced locations (on Fridays and some Saturdays).
Registration: Get registration done at registermyathlete.com (9th-12th)
Physical: Must be done every school year (for 9th-12th graders). This year the HS is hosting physicals on Tuesday, May 14th at 5:30p for $20 (pay at the PVHS finance office or myschoolfees.com). Each athlete needs to have the first 3 pages of the Physical Form filled out prior to the physical.
Costs/Fees: The following are cost associated with the Pine View HS X-Country team (9th-12th) -
- Participation Fee (required by the WCSD) - $85 - can be paid at the PVHS finance office or myschoolfees.com
- Uniform Fee (we are getting new uniforms this year - cost looks to be estimated at $35 for shorts and $35 for top). We cost is finalized, this fee will be due to PVHS finance office.
- Hotel Fee - $25 / overnight trip - possible overnight trips (will depend on each athlete's skill level): Murray, Salt Lake, Sectionals (not a confirmed change to the schedule, location TBA), State. At each of these meets, athletes will need to provided their own meals.
The following are cost associated with the PVXC Club (none of these costs are required, attendance at any of these events is optional - the PVXC Club is not associated with PVHS)
- Summer High Altitude Camp - $90 - will be paid through the PVXC Club, NOT through the HS; payment will be due by June 24th
- PVXC Gear - all PVXC gear is optional; cost depends upon gear ordered (order form will be available in the summer)
- Nike SW Regional - the top 6-10 athletes of each gender will be invited to race down in Phoenix at the Nike SW Regional in November. Cost will depend on transportation and hotel costs. Can be fundraised through our club car wash.
- Foot Locker West Regional - app. 50 athletes will be invited to race in Southern California at the Foot Locker West Regional in December. Cost will depend on transportation and hotel costs, but will be app. $200. Can be fundraised through our club car wash.